- identifying environmental and other organizations that include transportation in their on-line materials.
- reviewing the policies and measures they call for in their websites (such as increased transit funding) and identifying if these policies include re-allocating public spending from roadway expansion to transit or not (and how prominent any re-allocation messaging is).
- cataloguing summary information into a user-friendly format including a summary table with web links to applicable sections of web sites.
- Practical report writing experience preferred:
- Well organized and punctual
- Detail orientated
Transportation and Environmental Impacts
Magnitude of Project
3-4 hours/week for one semester.
This project is a component of a multi-year effort by StopThePave.org and associated groups to create a network of organizations working to shift spending from freeways to transit, cycling and walking infrastructure. We intend to use this information to network with groups who are already campaigning for a re-allocation of public spending to low carbon transportation, and to encourage other groups to also campaign for re-allocation. For more information on StopThePave.org and our campaign for Better Transit Not Freeways see www.StopThePave.org
Organized by: StopThePave.org